Interim Chair: Tracy Irani
Graduate Coordinator: David C. Diehl
Complete faculty listing by department: Follow this link
The FYCS graduate program is an interdisciplinary applied social science program that prepares students for advanced degrees (e.g., Ph.D.) and careers in such areas as family and youth services, Extension and community-based education, community development and nonprofit management, program planning and evaluation, and social policy. Graduates find careers in both the public and private sectors including:
- Child and Youth Development in areas such as juvenile justice, dropout prevention programs, recreational and camp programs, and youth ministry;
- Community Development Practice in local and regional government, private nonprofit organizations (such as chambers of commerce, local development corporations, and local, national and international foundations) and citizen’s groups;
- Nonprofit Organizational Management, such as management of community based, nonprofit organizations;
- Family and Social Services, such as family preservation programs, assistance for abused and neglected children and other public assistance programs; and
- Cooperative Extension Service in such areas as youth development, family and consumer sciences and community development.
Contact the graduate coordinator for more information or visit http://fycs.ifas.ufl.edu/.