Interim Chair: E. B. Bolton
Graduate Coordinator: M.S. Gutter
Complete faculty listing by department: Follow this link
FYCS graduate programs are interdisciplinary applied social science programs that prepare students for careers in such areas as program planning, social policy, community-based education, family and youth services, and Extension. Graduates find careers in both the public and private sectors including
- Child and Youth Development in areas such as juvenile justice, dropout prevention programs, recreational and camp programs, and youth ministry;
- Community Development Practice in local and regional government, private nonprofit organizations (such as chambers of commerce, local development corporations, and local, national and international foundations) and citizen’s groups;
- Nonprofit Organizational Management, such as management of community based, nonprofit organizations;
- Family and Social Services, such as family preservation programs, assistance for abused and neglected children and other public assistance programs; and
- Cooperative Extension Service in such areas as youth development, family and consumer sciences and community development.
Contact the graduate coordinator for more information.