Art Education Program
Master of Arts degree in Art Education: The School offers the M.A. in art education. In addition to meeting requirements of the Graduate School for admission, prospective students should:
- Hold a degree in studio art, art history, design, or art education
- Send up to 10 images of original works of art (on CD or in slide form) and a research paper, article, or other sample of academic writing
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities previously attended
- Statement of professional goals for attending graduate school and earning an M.A. degree in art education
- Current Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Submit three current letters of recommendation.
The M.A. in art education requires a minimum of 36 credit hours.
, ARE 6148
are required. The basic plan of study includes 3 credits of an approved art education elective; 9 credits in studio courses; 3 credits in art history; 6 credits in art history, studio, art education, or education electives; 3 credits of
; and 3 credits of ARE 6971
or ARE 6973
. To be admitted to candidacy, students must pass a comprehensive examination at the beginning of the second year. The program culminates in an oral examination on the thesis or project in lieu of thesis.